Sunday, July 27, 2008

Boating and Dramamine

Today I headed up to GH to my girlfriend's house as we were going out on her boat. TW bought a boat last year and hasn't had it out yet this year. I assumed it was only going to be JN, TW and I but was surprised that SZ and her son and a fellow co-worker DP was also there. With five adults a two-year old and a poodle-ish dog, we headed out on our boating adventure. After two hours, we had the boat from storage running and in the water - no small feat mind you!

The boat ride out to Lake Michigan was good. It was after4:00p.m. so it wasn't too hot and unfortunately I didn't manage to get any sun! We anchored so that the pooch could run around on the shore. Lake Michigan was initially freezing cold, but I didn't have much of a choice since once anchored I immediately was struck with motion sickness and figured the water was my best option! I decided to dive in since it was so cold and it felt like I did a belly smacker straight into dry/frozen ice! My stomach was killing me for quite some time and the water was so initially cold it was difficult to swim. Getting back to the boat from the beach wasn't exactly pleasurable either!

The boat ride back to the slip was just downright miserable for me. I really thought I was going to heave overboard! Fortunately I managed not to, but it wasn't very pretty. Next time, I'm taking Dramamine!

We didn't get back to TW's house until after 8p.m. and JN and I grabbed dinner on the harbor. What a great ending to a fun, responsible-free weekend! If only I didn't have to work tomorrow.

No comments: