Saturday, November 1, 2008

Contractors

Prior to my First Annual Pre-Hunting Holiday, I did a little more digging into some home remodeling/renovations and talked with a few contractors. As if I didn't have enough grief over the friend painting of the house incident, I decided I needed to see about tying up a few loose ends.

I attempted to make several calls to concrete contractors about widening my driveway, to no avail. Mr. Date (current BF) suggested a contractor who finally called me a few days later. In speaking with him, he gave me a price and a tentative date to lay the concrete, November 11, 2008. Mind you, Michigan weather, we could have a foot of snow by then! So with his quote and information, I called back others and managed to get someone out to the house to give me a better quote that could be done on 10/31 or 11/3. So it was a done deal! Unfortunately the weather was great on 10/31 and I came home from vacation to find that the job wasn't done! Here's hoping it will be on Monday!

I also would like a new surround sound for my bathroom. Mr. Date had replaced my faulty faucet in the shower but I now have both silver and gold fixtures which exacerbate my OCD and have increased my need for updating the shower! I had Bath Fitters come out to the house last weekend as well and gave me a quote. Sometimes, it's not about the money...it's about having it done.

Done well. Done right. Done quickly. And not having to rely on family, friends or yourself to manage to get the job done and still maintain a relationship! And that, you can't put a price!

No comments: