Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fluff

My son loves Fluff. Not the traditional pistachio fluff that many have for holidays or Watergate salad as it is often called, you know, the fluffy stuff with marshmallows and/or nuts...

The fluff my son loves, is a quick and easy recipe that I was introduced to about 6 years ago. One that due to my crude directions, is slightly different every time I make it. In addition to the directions, or lack thereof, it's different due to the variety and experimental change. The fluff recipe that I have came from Cindy R. and Weight Watchers.

For the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday I decided that maybe I would try a cranberry fluff. Seeing that I am not a fan of cranberries, I thought adding my favorite - chocolate - would make it pretty yummy. I have to admit that this is one of my favorite fluff concoctions, so far. It reminds me of a melted Wendy's frosty. Or maybe it's because it's not completely fat free! Prior to my cranberry attempts, one of my favorites is raspberry with pineapple, but I've tried a good dozen if not more variations over the years.

Pretty much the recipe is fool proof.

Chocolate Cran-Ras Fluff:
1 pkg. Sugar Free Cranberry Jello (Use any flavor/sugar free or not)
1 pkg. Sugar Free Chocolate Fudge Pudding (Use any flavor/sugar free or not)
1 Cup Raspberries (Use any fruit/frozen or fresh - drain juice)
1 8oz. Chocolate Cool Whip (Use any flavor/fat free or not)

Here's where the crude part comes in, since I think I believed at the time that I did short-hand directions I would actually remember what they meant!

Make the jello and refrigerate. When the jello begins to solidify, beat in the pudding (just the dry package - not prepared jello). Refrigerate. Fold in fruit. Mix in the Cool Whip. DONE.

I've refrigerated longer and shorter and the results do not appear to make much of a difference. Be sure that the jello is starting to thicken before adding the pudding, but short of being jello.

Feel free to explore. From healthier options to not so much. While this can be considered a "salad" or a dessert, clearly by adding the chocolate cool whip it is a dessert.

My son LOVES fluff and he enjoys switching up all of the ingredients for a different treat, every time!

Enjoy!

No comments: