Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Love of a Son

Last night my son and I were hanging out, catching up since it was the first time I had seen him since I left for my brief Mexico jaunt.

We had come back from his parent-teacher conferences were it was confirmed that my child is just shy of a child prodigy. Kudos to me.

Okay, so maybe not so much. BUT, my son is actually pretty darn smart. He's far smarter than I think either of his parents, maybe so much as to say combined. He's even outgoing. He's a leader in the class and far from being either a bully or being bullied.

I have to admit that I did find it odd when speaking with one of his teachers (as he's in 6th grade, he has more than a handful) about the potential disadvantage he may have when entering into high school as he is the "minority". Minority in the sense that I opted for my son to go to a K-8 school instead of a middle/Jr. High school. Which means...when he's in high school, he will enter as a freshman with about 75 kids he went to school with instead of about 200 or so. Anyway, the teacher says that we have nothing to worry about as he is smart, has friends and is....good looking.

Oh no, she seriously didn't go there. Did She?

Speaking of looks, my son tells me that in his downtime at school he was looking through a magazine, he believes was Sports Illustrated. He said it was the weirdest thing, he saw a picture of Danika Patrick and, "It was you Mom! It was your face staring back at me!"

Wow, sometimes flattery can get you everywhere! He said if I only had A TON more makeup on, it was me. I tried to assure my son that again, clearly he's wrong as Danika Patrick is beautiful. For further appeasement and interest we tried googling to find "the picture" and I was floored to be faced with half-scantily clad pictures and large busting out of the seams bossom's, clearly those weren't the pictures!

No comments: