Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Friends from the Past & "Other" Half

In the past I've posted about girlfriends vs. girl friends. I have to say that over the past few years now that I've really solidified some true friendships with females that reach beyond the cattiness, drama and bitchiness of girls, I've come to love these relationships.

Let me stress, love the relationships. I love the friends, but I'm not in love with any of my girl friends.

On several occasions, with several different female friends, I've been questioned about my relationship or people have assumed that I'm a couple with my friend.

How does one have a close relationship with someone of the same gender without others assuming you are more than just great friends?

I've never held hands (now I'm trying to really think if I have) with any of my friends - not in a hand holding way at least, maybe in a drag you this way to show you something or more recently to hold on for dear life as I'm half in the bag. I've NEVER kissed a girl. Okay, wait, I've kissed female relatives. (Wow, I feel like I'm digging a hole here.)

Bottomline, no matter how much I value my friendships with my girlfriends and how I ache for the drama free relationships that I can't seem to have in my boyfriend relationships, I have never truly wanted to date a girl. I've never wanted to kiss a girl. I've never wanted to be with a girl. END OF STORY.

END OF MY STORY...Today on one of the social networking sites, a twin guy that I went to elementary school posted on my wall asking if JN (my co-worker/friend, drinking buddy, Mexican campadre, etc.) was my "other" half. Mind you, this is the first conversation I have had with this guy, maybe EVER.

Yeah, we were in the same grade school, he even recalls us having the same class one year. I don't remember that, but whatever. He sports a tank top in his picture and is decorated in tattoo's. I believe he's a tattoo artist. Regardless, I'm not going to call him out in public about his choice of lifestyle, regardless.

Better yet, there are MORE pictures of the BF and I on the site than there are of JN and I, with the exception that JN and I just went to the Riviera Maya.

Anyway, I just wonder when and where people learn to have class and tact.

Since most seemed to have missed that day of class.

No comments: