Thursday, November 20, 2008

Healthy Apple Dip

Along the lines of recipes, another of our long-time favorite snack came from a presentation on Healthy Snacks over 10 years ago.

While I do not agree with the comparison, "If you like caramel apple dip, here's a healthy alternative.", it has become a staple snack throughout the years in our home. I do have to admit that when I first heard the recipe, I thought it sounded rather...disgusting.

Apple Dip:
Peanut Butter
Yogurt (Vanilla or any flavor)
Apple Slices

Like the fluff recipe, we switch this up every time as well. The directions call for equal amounts of peanut butter to yogurt. Feel free to experiment if you want it creamier, add more yogurt. My favorite is adding vanilla yogurt, but for variations, add any flavored yogurt.

A healthy simple snack that kids and adults love!

No comments: