Friday, November 7, 2008

Bathroom & Birthday

For some reason, more than anything else, I have an issue with my bathroom around my birthday.

And it isn't that I spend the morning after my birthday embracing the porcelain God!

I think the year I decided as an adult to have my tonsils removed it was around my birthday. During my recovery I tore apart my bathroom haphazardly forcing my husband (long ex-husband now) to address the immediate needs far sooner than he was interested.

About four years ago I was first introduced to bathtub reglazing. I had never heard of it. I despised my cast iron tub. I couldn't scrub it clean enough. With every cleaning there would be grayish-black wash water in the bottom of the tub. So for my birthday gift to myself, I had my tub reglazed.

Amazing! I no longer despised my tub. I didn't get the creeps by the remote thought of taking a bath! It actually looked new, and I loved it! Actually, I'm still OK with it, even now.

It's that time of the year again, my birthday. I'm again getting that itching feeling to work on the shower. Bath Fitters came and gave me the estimate for a new custom made one piece wall surround. They will also install the remainder of the new faucet hardware and add tub hardware. Additionally, they will replace the line to the shower head which is likely one of the only galvanized lines in my house remaining. My shower will also be higher, almost 7' since I have 9' ceilings and the shower head will be raised.

I made a decision. Well almost. I decided my gift to myself this year is the new surround. I will have it installed before Thanksgiving!

Now I just need to make one final decision - 4" tile or flat?

No comments: