Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Training

Finally, after muddling through my new position for the past 1.5 months, I am officially participating in certification training. It has been beneficial to pave my own way so that the training actually makes sense and I can inquire about all the questions I have yet to find the answers.

The morning started with a Pre-test....well actually, my morning started...with the alarm of JN.

JN stayed the night with me last night. She's on antibiotics so she claimed she wasn't going to be drinking. That went by the wayside, I would say that I'm a bad influence, but she drank more than I did!

So I woke to her alarm and woke her up. I then listened to her in the bathroom showering and getting ready. Then what did I hear?

JN vomiting, or forcing herself to vomit...the coughing, gagging, choking...the pleasant morning sounds at 6:30a.m. when I didn't have to get to training across the street until NINE A.M. Good times!

But back to the morning at the training. The Pre-Test was one of those awful twenty questions where you could have one answer or all or anywhere in between for each question. The tests were graded by the teacher's trusty sidekick. I overheard the sidekick mention my name to the trainer. I asked, what.

What did I do? Surprisingly, I tested the best out of the entire class of twenty! Me, after 1.5 months of self-training with some assistance from experienced workers throughout the county and state, I managed to test the best. Out of a class with mainly supervisors, directors and seasoned employees, I did well.

Go figure! Maybe I'm doing something right afterall! Then again, I also learned that something has been overlooked for likely nine years and I'm going to have to fix it! Sweet, bring it on! JUST KIDDING!

No comments: