Friday, July 17, 2009

Sunglasses

I purchased a pair of sunglasses while in Florida for Spring Break. I needed something asap and ended up purchasing a $10 pair while we were out walking along the strip. I had actually grown to like them and wear them. That is, until I lost them.

I've tried to back track my steps and think of where I could have lost them. I recall having them the Monday before the 4th of July. I had worked really late that night and I thought I had them in my hand. I also thought I had them in my hand when I walked in JC's house and went to pet the dog and scared her because they were in my hand. But maybe not. Because, they are neither at my house or JC's.

Then I thought maybe I left them in a work vehicle. So yesterday I inquired as to whether or not they were in the lost and found at my office. The lost and found is in our accounting department in a special locked area. It is that top security! There were a few pairs that were in there from last year.

Was it wrong of me that I was tempted to say one of them was mine so I didn't have to go buy another stupid pair? Was it wrong that more than anything that's what I wanted to do? Is that stealing if you take something that hasn't been found in over a year and never will?

Whatever the answers are, I didn't. So today I had a few minutes to spare and I went and bought a stupid pair of sunglasses and invested another whopping $5. I don't like them anywhere near the last pair. At this point, I don't really care either. I've spent a lot of money on sunglasses and I seem to lose them just the same. The funny thing is, I still have a pair I picked up at the $1 store a few years ago! What does that say about me? I value or cherish the cheap and inexpensive?

I've already managed to put a scratch in the middle of the lens. I wouldn't expect anything less from me! Seriously....

No comments: