Monday, July 13, 2009

Little Surpises

Last week I met a potential client. I met with her and her fiance this morning. Sometimes people can say the nicest things or just things that we need to hear on occasion.

The man, in his mid-twenties was asking if I was new. I mentioned I had been in the same job for almost 12 years. He looked at me and said, "What? You don't look old enough! Did you start when you were 16?"

Mind you, I may not be the best person at accepting compliments, especially if I feel like they aren't sincere. However, over the years, I try to be more gracious and accepting. And at that very moment, as I'm sure I blushed, I thought to myself, "What a sweetheart. What a cutie patootie." And then my next thought was, "OH MY GOD, DID I TURN INTO A GRANDMOTHER THAT WANTS TO PINCH HIS CHEEKS TOO?"

No comments: