Monday, July 20, 2009

Bottom of the Food Chain

I have officially accepted my position at the bottom of the food chain. The lowest of low. The peon at the bottom of the hierarchy.

I have been without home internet access since sometime after Tuesday evening. I realized it Wednesday morning and thought the problem would fix itself (I admit not the smartest of thoughts - but in reality, I would have to deal with it when I got home from work!). Wednesday night, I called it in and was told I would receive a call Thursday. Thursday I called it in and was told that they had no idea what was wrong and would send a tech out Monday. Resorting to no other option, I graciously accepted my ill internet fate. Until...

JN informed me on Saturday afternoon she had issues with her AT&T Internet and called it in. She was told someone would be out on Monday or Tuesday. She received a call on Sunday that the tech was en route. He replaced her modem and she's good to go.

Here I sit, mid-morning Monday and hadn't heard a thing. After some time on the phone with AT&T they informed me someone would be out by 8p.m. tonight. Yeah, not going to work since I will be out of town by this afternoon and not around much for the remainder of the week. Again, they told me that they would have the tech call me.

Who needs internet access anyway? Why is it I feel like a bottom feeder starving?

No comments: