Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Party Like A Rockstar

I'm definitely too old to Party Like A Rockstar. Last week as I was out of town for two nights for training, I had the opportunity to go out. JN and I went out four nights last week. Regardless of several of them being low key, just a couple drinks, they were still out of the norm for me. Thursday night, my son stayed overnight at a friend's house, so I had a rare opportunity to go out again, especially since I had Friday off work.

I met JN and her friend for dinner and drinks. The bar became busy rather quickly. All three of us are single, although other than not dating, there isn't anything single about me. I'm not interested in meeting anyone right now. JN's friend asked me if I was into women since I said I was really anti-men for the time being. Maybe not truly anti-men, just anti-dating. JN and her friend scoped out the bar and talked with numerous men. I held down the table. I did approach a table of guys that JN had met who were in the heating and cooling business. I had questions to ask about my air conditioning! Again, I think I threw them off that they thought it was an initial pick up line and then when they realized it wasn't and that was all I wanted, they were more disappointed. But I left the table as quickly as I had come, once I got the information I wanted. Because, I'm good like that!

When I got home on Thursday night, I wasn't ready to be home. I wanted to go out and as JN said, I should "pimp" myself out at the bar by going solo. No thanks. JC and I were online at the same time and discussed going out for a drink, but everything was closed and then we weren't able to come up with a plan after two hours, so we spent the next two hours on the phone. Sad.

Friday night, was definitely another story. I wasn't driving, so that didn't help matters of my sanity. We went to a bar that had an 80's band. I was trying to get my friend to pick up some hot chicks since the bar seemed like it was 90% females, he had the pick of the crop - but he wasn't interested. We had a good time and we left the bar and headed to a brewery for last call. I should have known better. We had peach and apple cider. Not as good as my hometown brewery's berry, but the peach was OK. I should have recalled the Friday night before how I did myself in with Cider. But afterall that was so last week!

Needless to say, I paid the price. I was half passed out for most of the way home. I had managed before leaving the bar to throw away one contact that was too dry and annoying. I got the second one out at the house. I changed into my pj's and crawled into bed. The alarm went off the next morning along with the constant deafening pounding in my head! I had to be at the ball fields by 9a.m. The shower was all too quick and none refreshing. I knew if I just managed to get sick, I would feel better. Fortunately that happened in the third inning of the first game.

Three games later, I was still feeling out of it. Didn't help that I was cold most of the day despite the jeans and long sleeve shirt. Also didn't help that another mom was screaming bloody murder and cheering at every play. Penance. Penance People.

Of course I managed to pull it together after a brief nap late in the afternoon. Went out again that night but even I couldn't muster more than two sips of a beer.

I clearly am too old to even think of partying like a rockstar let alone try!

No comments: