Monday, July 13, 2009

Falling

Besides the whole roller blade falling, I found myself yet again falling. If you weren't aware, I'm really rather clumsy. Whether it's because I get sidetracked or just am that clumsy, I'm not really sure.

Friday night I was out. Maybe I willed it upon myself as I wasn't going to put it past me that I may once again find myself in some predicament or falling. Karma. Went hiking and walking for about 1.5 hours and didn't really have any issue. I managed to walk one foot in front of the other consecutively and consistently.

I'm not going to say that alcohol may or may not have had something to do with me falling. Because, honestly, if I had to bet money on it, it really had nothing to do with it.

I was in search of a dart board. A feat in and of itself. I walked into a bar and looked around in the restaurant area and didn't see one. I proceeded into the bar itself and didn't see one so I headed out the other exit. The door had the push handle bar across it and my first attempt to push was unsuccessful - pushing the left side of the door. I moved my hands down the bar and pushed open the door to step out and found myself half dangling off the step and hanging onto the bar. There was a huge step! I would say it was a drop off and fortunately if I hadn't hung onto the bar, I would have face planted it seriously hard into the cement! Would be nice if the business owner posted a "Watch Your Step" sign or something! Fortunately I was fine and it was just another one of my issues!

The ironic thing though is that if I hadn't had a drink before hand, I would have likely pushed on the door handle and let it go. So I suppose things happen for a reason!

No comments: