Monday, July 20, 2009

Credit Issues

This morning I ordered a years worth of contacts for my son. I gave my credit card information to the person and called it good. The contacts would be shipped later in the week and the rebate information sent separately. At least that's what I thought.

I received a call back from the eye doctor that my credit card was...DECLINED. WHAT?

I know full well that there is nothing wrong with my credit or my account, but how dumb can one feel on a Monday morning being told your card is declined?

I got online and verified that all charges looked fine on my credit card. There is ample credit to cover the charge of the contacts. Fortunately the office is right around the corner that I can write a check or have them run the card directly if necessary. I called the credit card and the man was able to verify the exact phone charge that was attempted to be billed. He confirmed that the only reason it was denied is that the merchant put in my wrong billing code or zip code.

Technology...can't live with it, can't live without it! (Needless to say, I haven't received a call back that they were able to run it correctly yet. But who am I to talk? I still haven't managed how to transfer pictures from my computer onto my new CD-R discs I bought to print them!)

No comments: