Monday, July 13, 2009

Exercise

I've really decided that I need to start exercising again. I clearly have missed the emotional and physical benefits from staying physically active. I feel like I'm missing a part of myself - besides muscle! So for the past three days, I've managed to work out every day. I've realized that I am not as strong nor do I have the endurance that I used to.

So the first day it was hiking and walking. The second day it was biking - where I realized I was completely out of shape from the hiking, lack of exercise and heat. Yesterday I opted for rollerblading.

Fear has taken over when it comes to rollerblading. I managed to do fairly well, with the exception of a hill, that I tried to avoid only to find myself in the grass, catching myself with my hands! Then after another hill and to avoid smashing into a wooden gate across the path, I ended up in the weeds. I decided an easier route would be taken from then on, and I managed to leave blading unscathed! Baby steps.

I've managed to lose weight, likely muscle weight. I got on the scale and within a day, it registered that I had lost 10 pounds! Clearly then feeling something was seriously wrong, how could I have reached my Aruba goal weight over night?, I moved the scale and was instaneously ten pounds heavier. While I knew it was too good to be true, the thought of losing that much weight overnight had me scared. I'd rather lose it slowly and healthily any day!

No comments: