Friday, July 17, 2009

Internet Issues

Tuesday night was the last time I had access to my home computer. We had a slight storm throughout the night on Tuesday, never losing power. I woke to the storm and laid in bed listening to the rumbling of the thunder and wondered if it was really necessary to get out of bed.

I went to my computer to check email and the latest news to find that my internet connection wasn't working. I attempted the routine tests to confirm that they had "failed". Again, when I arrived home Wednesday evening, I was confronted with the same issues. I contacted AT&T and was told that there was an issue. Hmmmm....

Surprisingly so, I was more than beyond calm. At that point, I didn't really care. I was informed that someone would call me within an hour or two. Realizing the man on the other line was probably not from Michigan and confirmed the likelihood that someone would call me at 11p.m. was probably not realistic. I was assured someone would call in the morning. That someone never called.

So last night when I got home from work, I called AT&T again. (Meanwhile kicking myself for having deleted the last service tech's personal cell phone number when he came out to the house to hook it up! Why save someone's number if you are never going to use it?) Less than 30 minutes later I received my automated call and then connected to a live customer.

Long story short...Monday. Monday, a tech will be in my area to check the lines outside the house and try to get me back up and running online. Whatever will I do until then?

No comments: