Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weekend Recap

I can't believe the weekend is over already. It seems like there is never enough time away from work! The weekend flew by. We didn't have a terribly adventurous weekend, but we were busy most of it.

Friday night we went to the taste of Holland with JA and her family. I had never been and of course it adds to my years repertoire of new adventures and getting out of my comfort zone and box. I'm really not one for crowds and fortunately it wasn't too terribly busy. The food was good and we ate way too much! It was great catching up with JA since now that she began her new non self-employed job last Monday, we don't talk every day during my commute. I guess that means that we will definitely have to increase our date night when she begins to get a handle on her new schedule and the demands of working outside the home.

Saturday morning we got up and headed up to Grand Rapids/Comstock Park area as my longtime friend CH was playing in the state men's softball tournament. I've been to this tournament three or four times and I don't believe they have yet to win a game that I've watched. I must be bad luck! GG also plays on the team, who was one of my college roommates for a year. So it's nice seeing them both even if the circumstances are always pretty crappy as they get crushed and look like old men compared to the spring chicken teams.

During their two games, double elimination tournament, my son and I went and grabbed lunch and then played some miniature golf at AJ's. Fortunately for us, we finished right at the time that they were beginning some big Star Wars adventure day from 1-9p.m. It was a little much for me!

After the second game, we headed to Grand Haven to hangout with TW at her place for the Coast Guard festivities. I managed in the short-time I was outside to get some sun on my chest, arms and the top of my thighs. So at TW's I stayed in the garage hanging out the entire day! We learned "chicken foot" dominoes and hung out until we headed downtown for the coast guard finale fireworks. Now talk about crowds!

I ran into a former client of mine - so that was pretty cool catching up with her. Her two children were like 7 and 9 when I worked with them. She is now a grandmother of 3! Man, do I feel OLD.

The fireworks were AWESOME. Our view was somewhat obstructed by the tree we were seated under and the stroller of the grandfather parked in front of us, which TW finally went and moved. The tree was sparse enough to see the fireworks quite well. They lasted for 40 minutes and really were well worth the wait and the crowds and the terrible traffic out of town!

The last fireworks I saw were with Mr. Date. More than anything I wished that he was there with me watching them. I did talk to him on the phone for the first part of the fireworks so it was almost as if he were there, almost.

Today, Sunday was a cleaning day. We cleaned the house and did errands. We went grocery shopping and it seemed to take forever! Not to mention I seemed to spend quite a bit also. We also went through my son's drawers trying on clothes (I even tried on some!) to see what still fits, what doesn't and all the new clothes with tags that are now extremely big since he's lost about 10 pounds which were big when I bought them!

My son decided that when he grows up and has his own house, he's only going to clean every two months! And that will only be vacuuming and dusting!

I haven't been to the gym in a very long time. I've managed to get in some sporadic exercise here and there, but definitely need to get back into a routine. I miss it, physically and emotionally when I don't. Darn those endorphins although they seem to be replaced by different ones caused by my feelings for Mr. Date.

No comments: