Monday, August 25, 2008

Paradise Bay Post Follow Up

Last night as I lay awake after posting about Paradise Bay Resort I thought of all the things I didn't discuss. I must have finally drift off to sleep as I woke in some nightmarishly awful sweat, fearing I was back at Paradise Bay!

Today I spent most of the day talking to co-workers about my trip, sharing photos and horror stories. Apple Vacations were recommended by several as my next all-inclusive international, affordable, five-star travel source. One co-worker spent much of her day searching for information about Paradise Bay and she sent me the following APPALLING link:

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/ultipost/1/1218222840/tpod.html

Thank you to the two visiting guests that commented on my previous post. I have taken your recommendation and I have made the first step by emailing the Board of Tourism. I also contacted the auction site to inform them of our hellacious experience and to be sure that NO ONE ever purchases an auction bid again and is welcome to what we received. The woman plans on talking with another employee and general manager about the situation and will get back to me. She asked how they could compensate me to make me feel better. A full refund would be great compensation, but I'm not expecting one. At this point, I NEVER plan to purchase anything from an auction again - definitely not a vacation, that's for sure! I did say that possibly a legitimate replacement vacation (since they are all donated anyway) would be an appropriate compensation for us. Who knows what if anything will come of it.

Back to the above link...so Mr. Post has posted a travel blog/contest about how to win a minimum 3-night vacation at his resort for writing 400 word essays about his resort, positive reviews of course, BEFORE you ever come to his resort. The link goes on to offer longer stays based on how many positive reviews you actually post. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC. He even goes on to justify why he's offering such a contest. I just want to comment - it's because the resort is a sham, a scam and he is like Norman Bates of the Bates Motel!

I can honestly say, that even if we were given an all-inclusive, all expenses paid trip to stay at Paradise Bay Resort again, I would NEVER set foot on the property again as long as it is owned by Mr. Post.

Had it not been for the auction, I would have never gone to Grenada. All of my friends and associates asked, "Why Grenada?" Why not? But the reality, without the auction, I would have chosen an all-inclusive to the Dominican Republic, Jamaica or some other affordable, known location. My co-worker just purchased a week all-inclusive to Punta Caya with airfare for $1100. Yes, I said, $1100. So I guess that means the three of us could have stayed for over 2 weeks for the price of our trip.

I didn't mention other experiences we had at Paradise Bay Resort & Spa as I had posted captions under the photo albums of my facebook account. The weekend we went without air conditioning. When the maintenance man, Brian returned (apparently two people were called and one was going to church and the other had bike issues and couldn't get to the resort. Although if that were true - Mr. Post would have DRIVEN to pick the guy up to fix the problem!) he replaced the circuit with a higher wattage. However, in doing so and changing other things, the dinning area lost power. We ate by melting candelabra. One day we didn't have water (He claimed due to a power surge but we heard otherwise.).

In the upcoming days, I plan on posting more about our experience and posting some breathtaking pictures. We did see the island. Unfortunately though for fellow Grenadians, I do not ever plan to return to Grenada and will not recommend it to anyone.

No comments: