Monday, August 4, 2008

Mr. Date & The Blog

So last night I finally came out and told Mr. Date about the blog. I had skimmed around it a few times trying not to come right out and announce that I blog. I was told that I could privatize my blog and only select few could read it, but the reality is only a few of my close friends read it on a regular basis anyway.

But, the thought that a guy that I'm dating would have access to my inner thoughts and feelings suddenly made me feel very vulnerable. I've been pretty open with him. Maybe it scares me more to know that he'll then know what a fruit loop I truly am and read about my "issues" well before he ever met me! Then what would he think? What if my blogging offends him somehow, when they are just my random thoughts and feelings at the moment that I decide to sit in front of the keyboard. What if?

The reality is, what if nothing. I don't have anything to hide. This blog is out there for anyone to come across and if he looked, there it would be. So I gave him the link. I didn't give it to ex-bf even when he asked. But for some reason, I found myself wanting him to know about it. Knowing that if he was confused or needed insight into me, he could find it. I would prefer he ask and I don't ever want him to worry about something he reads and not question or address it with me. He said he's not sure that he wants to look at it. At this point, I'm ok with whatever. I threw it out there, I let the truth be known.

And as Jack would say, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" But I think he can and he does.

No comments: