Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ill Prepared Independence

I'm taking a hiatus from the Grenada posts for a day or two and really do plan to blog about the positives of the trip and post some beautiful pictures.

I'm currently ill. Physically, I'm fine. I'm ill prepared for my son's newly acquiring (yes, acquiring as it isn't fully acquired yet) independence. I should be happy, right?

I'm actually not sure why I feel so ill prepared. It isn't like I haven't seen this coming all year, or maybe even all eleven years. You see, by nature, I clearly look at the big picture. I shouldn't be completely blindsided. I really shouldn't. But, I AM.

Here's why:
* Last night my son got his own cell phone (The email account in March was BIG!).

* Tonight my son was invited to his third boy-girl party of the summer, BUT his FIRST overnight boy-girl party.

* Thursday is his official last day of daycare....EVER.

* Tuesday my son starts 6th grade (aka middle school).


I can't seem to locate my paper bag as I'm hyperventilating....until next time...

No comments: