Monday, August 11, 2008

Eating Crap

I'm not sure if it's stress, but eating crap consumed the better portion of my entire day. It wasn't my intention when I left for work today, but lack of time had a great deal of impact on my lack of healthy choices.

Thinking that the issue of notarization of the letter was under control, I arrived at work to find numerous emails with the most recent being marked "critical" that my co-worker would not notarize the letter without me being present in the office. After begging and pleading and owing her big time, she agreed this time only she would do it. Meanwhile though, I did my best to find a color copier to have a notary in my other office notarized the "copy" of the emailed document.

Racing against time I finished up a few projects at my office and then headed back across state to sit through the third training presentation. I occupied my time by watching trainees nod off and found myself drawn to an arrogant, single guy that sat in the back that was beyond rude and disrespectful. I was quick to judge him thinking that he partied too hard over the weekend and that his time and energy was too valuable than to listen to a 2-hour presentation of a new program. He fell asleep during one point and then made several loud sighs and mumbled comments that weren't so mumbled to me. I just find it hard to understand how others can be so disrespectful, regardless.

I had about five minutes to get gas and hit a drive thru. My first choice was Schlotsky's, but the drive thru was set back off the road and their was a line, clearly not imperative for the few minutes I had. So I did the unthinkable for me. I drove through McDonald's.

I met Mr. Date at his work and we went to a nearby park. When he left, I went through the second drive through of the day, Taco Bell. I figured why not, I had already managed to eat poorly once. Then as if to put the icing on the cake, while purchasing chocolate M&M's to repay my co-worker, I bought a medium bag of the peanut butter M&M's and proceeded to eat those during my drive home.

Yep, when it rains, it pours. I don't think there are enough hours in the night to exercise off today!

No comments: