Monday, August 4, 2008

Profiles & Time

I just read my girl friends blog and she has given up on dating. She removed all of her profiles. I can't say that I blame her. I met four people and if I didn't like Mr. Date, I'm not entirely sure that I would have met anyone else. Four was A LOT for me. I don't mind the emailing but actually connecting enough to want to meet people because you think there is potential rather than meeting because you don't have anything better to do or you just don't want to continue to communicate with no end in sight.

Mr. Date recently joined Facebook. He mentioned that he thought I had taken off that I was looking for dating on any sites. I don't use facebook or myspace as dating sites although I know many that do. Unless my friends, I don't believe that information is accessible and if you are my friend you likely know my dating situation anyway! Personally, if it weren't for the friends that I have on both sites, I wouldn't be on them at all. But to delete them I would feel like it was a unnecessary termination of a friendship. I only look at either site when I have mail and then since I'm on there I'll check for updates on my friends.

I still have one profile out there on a social networking site. And that too is only because of the emails that I share with "friends". But lately, I have no interest in doing that, despite them knowing that I'm dating Mr. Date. I truly don't want him to think that I'm looking or communicating with people in the event that something were to happen. The reality is, I don't know most of these people (some are actually friends that have joined - but they KNOW me and can reach me by phone, home, email, etc.) and they don't know me. If I were to delete my profile I don't think it would phase anyone. I haven't strung anyone along or led them to believe I'm interested, since I'm not. My profile had that I wasn't looking and that I met someone recently. I went in today and deleted my pictures and the description of myself in the profile other than I've met someone and good luck. I figure that way those that I do email will see that and then in a few days I'll completely delete it. Since I was also getting new emails from people which I either didn't respond or confirmed not interested, not looking.

Besides, I just don't have the time to keep up with regular emails with "friends". I want to communicate with the friends that I already have! I've been doing well at getting out and seeing friends and having a good time. Right now I would say things are very balanced, also something else completely new - which I think dating someone else with kids definitely helps with! Understanding the importance of scheduling and knowing the balance of friends, family, work, relationship, etc. I leave for vacation in less than two weeks and there's so much to do and I only want to make time for those things and people that truly mean the world to me! :)

No comments: