Monday, August 25, 2008

Fruits & Vegetables...FOOD

Today I finally made time to go grocery shopping. It is fabulous to have readily available fresh fruits and vegetables. In addition having bread, milk, yogurt, what a blessing.

I even bought chocolate milk for my son, since in Grenada when he asked for chocolate milk he received hot chocolate. Nothing like hot chocolate when it felt almost 100 degrees outside!

Today I reveled in using a blow dryer and curling iron. When I walked in my locked house after being gone for two weeks, the thermostat read 79 degrees. It felt cool compared to being in Grenada. My thermostat in Grenada with the a/c on often read that and when it wasn't working it was 85 degrees.

Maybe I take things for granted. Maybe I expect too much. I've worked hard for who I am and where I am today. As some say, I suppose I can say that I work hard and I play hard. I'm finally trying to take time for me and take vacations and enjoy life. I have a wonderful family. I have a good, stable job. I've earned and I work hard to maintain it. I deserve what I have, which isn't a golden spoon by any American standard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms Independent. Perhaps your next adventure should be trying out for the "Survivor" show. At least you would have the opportunity to win 1 million dollars. I salute your overcoming of the xxxxxxxxxxxxxx number of problems you encountered. GOD BLESS THE USA.
EMPTYBAR