Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Surviving Day 1: School

Really, there is no need to be over dramatic, the first day of school and my new part-time morning schedule was just that, day one.  T decided he wanted to leave for school at 7:30a.m.  7:30a.m. to drive 1.2 miles for an 8:00a.m. start time.  Needless to say, that threw off my schedule quite a bit and I ended up showering at 7a.m. and we left the house at 7:23a.m. 

Four stop lights and one traffic light.  Each way.  I was back in the driveway exactly seven minutes from the time we left the garage.  Seven minutes, in good weather and leaving early to beat the normal traffic.  So really today was the exception, not the rule. 

I came back home to finish my hair and makeup and eat a bowl of cereal.  Less than seven minutes later...I had a good 40 minutes to figure out what to do with myself before I left for work.  40 minutes I could have been in bed!  So I managed to surf the net and catch up on blogs, but seriously, I have to figure out a better schedule! 

I also realized that I'm again, not a good mother.  I don't dote enough and do the motherly things.  As I drove back home, a neighbor was out taking pictures of her 7th grade daughters in the yard.  When exactly did I last take a picture of my son on the first day of school?  I honestly can't recall.  I want to say that I have done it once.  But honestly, that may be inaccurate.  Maybe never.  NEVER.  I did take a picture of him passed out after the first day of school last year.  Does that count?

No comments: