Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fall

I love the change of the color of leaves.  I love the smell of fall.  I love the crackle and crunch of falling leaves and branches as I walk.  I love playing in piles of leaves and watching my son jump in them (although not a fan of raking leaves!)

I love leaving the windows open at night to hear the wind rustle through the trees.  I love the chill in the night that helps me to burrow deeper under the covers. 

What I realized in the past two days that I haven't acknowledged before, is that I'm not a fan of the deals that stop in the area with fall.  No more free summer kids bowl program.  No more two for one activities of miniature golf, go karts and bumper boats.

I'm also not a fan of not being able to wear summer dresses without a cover-up.  Or the rapidly changing weather during soccer season which consists of downpour rain for almost every game! 

It seems like this year, summer just went entirely way to quickly.  My fishing license went unused.  The first year in many that I didn't attempt to catch something bigger than a palm size blue gill, sunfish or goby. 

I don't know where the time has gone.  The other day I found myself adding a year to my age and to how long I have been at my current job.  Time has gone, but not as quickly as my memory seems to be changing - but I won't acknowledge, not yet at least, failing. 

What do you like best about Fall?

No comments: