Friday, September 10, 2010

Phone...

Happy Friday!  I'm still trying to adjust to my morning routine now that my son is back in school.  I'm falling back into bad habits, but I'm going to for the moment credit that to feeling a bit run-down and the allergies are in full force! 

I managed to leave the house at 8:24a.m. and feeling rather grunge.  I didn't bother to really do anything to my hair other then throw some scrunch gel in, which means by the time the hair dries, I will be more than annoyed by how bad it looks!  I also realized when I got to the office, I left my cell phone at home.

Never seems to fail, when this happens, I feel rather lost.  I use my phone as my clock.  Granted there are days when it doesn't ring or I don't text or receive a text, but without it I feel like I'm missing something.  With my absolutely empty work schedule and only living three miles from work, I'll drive back home and retrieve it.

To confirm that this Friday seems to be a day that I am missing things, a co-worker flew into my cubicle and bellowed, "WHY DON'T YOU ANSWER YOUR PHONE?" 

I surely hope it isn't going to be one of those days!  And a trip home is going to happen very soon! 

What is the one physical item that you can't or prefer to do without?


*** Almost four hours later, I walked out of my office into the bright and warm sunny day.  A day of peace and tranquility.  I got in my car.  I looked in the cup holder and didn't see my phone.  I relished in the warmth of my car - the times that I love having a black car!  I looked to my right on the front passenger seat, and there was my phone!  I had 7 alerts, while they made me smile, nothing was life threatening and it was nice to have my phone, have my messages and not have to drive the three miles home!  Happy Friday!

No comments: