Friday, September 17, 2010

Football Pool - 'Tis the Season

'Tis the Season for some FOOTBALL!  Which means it is time for the annual Survivor pool!  Last year T ended up doing extremely well, but didn't win and of course I struggled with whether I was encouraging my son to be a gambler (here). 

This year, I decided I would actually participate in the heartache, I mean FUN!  So I am competing against T and 51 other people to see who is the Survivor of the Fittest! 

I am not a football junkie or connoisseur or anything else, so I have devised a few guides to help me with my weekly picks:

1.  Do not pick the same team as T...EVER
2.  Do not pick the team with the most favorable odds
3.  Do not pick the Lions...EVER
4.  Do not pick a team against the Lions
5.  Pick a team with the 2nd-3rd highest odds
6.  Pick a team that is playing at home

While I may have been luck to actually read up some information or scour my friends for their opinions, truth be told, I'm not sure that there is much more than luck and odds that can help to predict a weekly winner.

T thinks my rules are RIDICULOUS and anything beyond a couple weeks, I will not be able to meet all of my criteria.  I'm OK with that.  Afterall, rules are made to be broken, right?  Besides, my dartboard of the teams is always my backup.

How would you suggest picking a different winning football team every week? 



No comments: