Friday, September 3, 2010

Foto Friday: Smiles

It is Friday and therefore it is time for Foto Friday!  A post specifically posted on Friday of things/photos that make me smile!  Today's pictures are more of things that make me smile because they are about success.  Successfully cleaning something or achieving something.  About things that make me smile out of accomplishment.  Just for clarification, the purpose of Foto Friday is to share what makes me smile, not to advertise any ability or inability to take photos!

This first photo makes me smile, because when I enter the basement and I see a clean floor, that means that I am currently caught up on all the laundry!  No sorted piles waiting to go into the laundry and no baskets of folded clothes to be taken upstairs and put away!


No Laundry!

The next two photos also make me smile for a sense of accomplishment.  I have a hallway where I have been leaving all of my shoes.  I didn't think of taking a picture of the shoes - the mound of shoes - that covered the entire floor in the hallway.  I finally decided to do something about it.  I filled a laundry basket full of the shoes to transport them to my room.  I threw away eight pairs of shoes that were on my shoe rack that I either don't wear or that cause me days of pain after wearing!  When I look at the floor and the rack, I smile!  

Shoeless Floor - Except for lawn-mowing shoes!

Shoe rack - with almost all of my shoes!



Then there are more photos of the basement. A week or so ago, my son's five-in-one air couch contraption tore apart at the seam. It wasn't repairable. We began looking for a replacement or a couch. Last week Friday, we purchased a futon/double recliner/couchlike contraption. I also picked up a clearance Sauder television console. 3.5 hours later of 427 assembly parts, the console and room was reassembled. The room makes me smile!

New television console!
New Futon Couch (Back Left)


The last three photos make me smile at all times.  I love to hear Uncle Kracker's SMILE song.  It always makes me smile!  Then of course, I LOVE Coldstone's Peanut Butter Cup Perfection ice cream, but with peanut butter ice cream instead of chocolate!  Ymmmy!  The final picture makes me laugh and smile.  It wasn't until later when looking at the digital camera pictures that we noticed the expression on the deer.  My son and I know joke about Colbie Caillat's song, Magic and can only hope that my son has better luck with his magic touch with the girls than he does with the deer!  Smile =)


Coldstone Peanut Butter Cup Perfection
Litchfield Zoo, Arizona - August 2010


What photos and things have you smiling?

No comments: