Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Vacation

In the midst of all the chaos, my next vacation is planned and booked. I booked my airfare and even with the ridiculous baggage charge, I couldn't beat the steal of a deal I found with half the drive distance, non-stop flights and great rate!

With the airfare on the mind, I checked a few of the cruises online as well as talked with a travel agent. All of the "deals" online came up with the same as an agent, so I felt more comfortable with booking with a travel agent. Work summoned me and I passed it off to my mom to contact a local Floridian agent who found the same deal and we are now done.

I have several days in Florida before we leave for our five day West Caribbean cruise. I have another day after the cruise before I fly back home and then have the weekend to recuperate, enjoy the winter Michigan weather I will return to and then go back to work.

I'm so excited! Now I have a month to hit the gym and do my two most favorite things - tan and shop. Yeah, or I could do what I really plan on doing, nothing other than look forward to my trip and count down the days. Yes, that's exactly what I plan to do!

3 comments:

Respectfully Yours said...

Awesome, when do you go? My daughter was shopping around for a cruise like that too. Are you going alone? If so, did they charge you more as a single? Sorry, just snooping for my daughter. Thanks.

Bossy Betty said...

Yeah! I love looking forward to trips. Yours sounds like a good one!

Ms. Independent said...

The cruise is actually in early April. Back in '08 when I went on my European vacation I learned about the added expenses of traveling solo. I picked up a tour and opted to "share" a room to save $500. So from that experience,I learned that it really "saves" to travel in pairs! I asked my mom, who resides in Florida for the winter, to go on a cruise - as another adventure and memories to add to our vacation memories of Grenada and Trinidad. While I'm not opposed to vacationing solo, the added costs sometimes outweigh the benefits. But finding a likely travel companion in this economy can be difficult.