Monday, February 22, 2010

Planning...Vacation

Last weekend was the last planned trip that I had, a weekend at Schuss with a meetup.com group. It was my first outing with any meetup group and included a weekend adventure (including three that I know).

There was a lot of drama and turmoil prior to the trip and havoc about whether or not I really wanted to go. It would have been a lot less grief to not go, but I also wanted to be an adult and try a new adventure with 15 others in our cabin and 18 in a second cabin. Besides, I drove separately, so I had an escape route if necessary so that if I wanted to leave, I could.

Other than a few small "issues" the weekend went fine. I'm not sure at this point that I can say I would go again, maybe under different circumstances. For the price of the cabin, it made it affordable to spend a weekend. I met quite a few people and skied with a variety. The skiing was definitely nothing like skiing Colorado, that's for sure! En route on Sunday, PM and I went to Caberfae and I actually enjoyed the ski conditions there much more than both the day and night skiing at Schuss.

With the weekend behind me, I have no other trips scheduled. When I seem to get my motivation back, hopefully soon, I'll begin to research plans to fly to Florida for Spring Break and enjoy my first cruise experience with my mom.

Cruises are extremely affordable and reasonable right now. Of course the airfare to Florida for Spring Break isn't all that great, but it can work.

Have any advice for a first time cruiser?

Leaning toward 5-7 days with a couple port stops and not the Bahamas. Then again, I get motion sick very easily and wonder how much Dramamine and I will be bonding; however, I'll take that over cradling the porcelain god anyday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been on 5 cruises. Feel free to email me if you have any specific questions.