Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dream Analysis

I've made a conscious effort to try to get to bed earlier for the past two nights. I've been successful, but not entirely successful in actually getting more sleep. On a typical night, I can find myself retreating to bed somewhere between 1:00-3:00a.m. I'm not really sure as to why, or what I do with my time, but often because I just am not tired and don't feel the need to get more sleep. Although, my tendency to want to sleep all day in my job may be another story - however, if I had enough work to keep me busy, I wouldn't have an issue!

I'm trying to take baby steps to get back into the habit of eating better, working out and getting sleep. I decided to tackle the sleep habit first.

This morning I woke, vaguely recalling one of my dreams from last night. I was having issues with my contact in my right eye. I took out the contact and since it was dry, I put it in my mouth to add moisture. I put it back in my eye (mind you - while I know people do this, it creeps me out and I can't imagine doing it! I just throw out my disposable contact and get a new one when I can!). Unfortunately, the contact continued to float around my eye and I removed it a second time.

I put the contact back into my mouth. It sat on my tongue for a minute or two. Then I recall actually chewing the contact. Chewing. Gross. The contact half dissolved and was also in many pieces in my mouth. I continued to chew the contact, but more fragile than one would chew gum. I woke up rather disturbed.

I tried to research dream analysis for chewing contacts and came up with nothing. Seriously? Am I the only strange person with issues that dreams of chewing a contact?

Like the Urban Dictionary where people create their own definitions, if I had to analyze my own dream, here's what I would assess:

Chewing of a contact reflects the innate and deep routed fear of seeing reality. You fear the known and fail to recognize what is not only in front of you, but what you choose not to address and see. While you choose to not spit or discard the contact, this reflects your desire to change - to hold onto the hope that you do want to see.

Ok Seriously, it's such a good thing that I have a real job. Want to help me analyze my dream? What would you propose?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's crazy, and I love your analysis. I have no good explaination to help you out, though.

Cherie said...

Hi I ran across your blog post here and I am going to try and help you understand your dream. If it were my dream, I would say that something in the last 24-48 hours has really upset you and you are trying to understand it and no matter how much you think about it and try to understand it nothing comes of it..it dissolves. Below I have copy and pasted your dream and put next to parts that I can give you general interpretations. From there you can take it and see what comes up for you. Dreams are very personal and we are really the only ones who understand our personal symbols and their meanings... so I hope this helps:

I was having issues with my contact in my right eye. = What in the past day or so have you been having issues with on understanding OR seeing?

I took out the contact and since it was dry, I put it in my mouth to add moisture. I put it back in my eye = This issue you have tried to understand it, see it and played around with different scenarios

Unfortunately, the contact continued to float around my eye and I removed it a second time.= Still not figuring out what the issue is and how you can't really understand or perceive this issue

I put the contact back into my mouth. It sat on my tongue for a minute or two. Then I recall actually chewing the contact. Chewing. Gross. = Again you try to think about the issue that is bothering you and you for a short time let it be but then you start going over and over it again telling yourself this or that

The contact half dissolved and was also in many pieces in my mouth. I continued to chew the contact, but more fragile than one would chew gum. = Finally, you have come to a point where you think ok I have looked and thought this over so much that it dissolves but wait you are thinking about it again and basically "chew it to pieces" think about so much until you have come to the point that there is nothing left to think on

I woke up rather disturbed.
This is probably the most important part of a dream and understanding it..the emotion you feel when you wake up. Whatever this issue is that you are trying to understand or see was pretty upsetting to you.

I hope this helps some. And I did not over step my boundary with you.
Cheri
http://www.whereheavenandearthmeet.com