Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pee Hole

My son will be thirteen in March. Thirteen. He stands over 5'3" tall, 116 pounds, has had an ever increasingly dark growing mustache for almost two years (both of his parents are beyond hairy, poor kid), size 9 mens shoe and is in the 7th grade. He plays sports all season long and is actually quite intelligent, or so his Gifted and Talented participation and teachers claim. So...regardless of all of our sex education talks (I could have opted him out of Health class - because clearly I AM THAT GOOD OF A TEACHER) he is taking health daily for the next six weeks to actually learn something appropriate (not to be confused with, "My momma says" similar to that of Adam Sandler in WaterBoy).

I'm going to start off by saying one of our first conversations of the evening happened to be my asking for permission to apply for a flight attendant position, one of 20 being announced in the area. Even while brushing his teeth in the bathroom, I could see and feel him cringe and his garbled responses came oh so quickly, "What? Why? Where would I stay?"

Me, "With your dad of course." Which he quickly responded, "I see him every other weekend and Wednesdays and...that's enough."

So I guess that's out of the picture then? Yep...

As I was tucking him into bed, he begins to talk about his latest discussion in health class. "We talked about parts today?" Me being the student, I was all like, "Parts? What kind of parts?" So he goes on to tell me about the male parts and then the girl parts too.

He proceeds to say that when babies are first made that they are the same. They don't have "parts", I'm paraphrasing, seriously, I'm talking 7th gradish here...He goes on to say that the teacher says, then a doctor looks for the baby part, either the vagina or the penis and if it has a penis it is a boy. He then asks, "Wouldn't you just look for a penis Mom?" Yeah, that's my thought Son. Seriously, did your teacher really say that they look for a vagina? Sigh...public education health class at it's best.

The conversation then advances to, "Boys have two holes and girls have three. I thought that girls pee came out of their butt. So where do you wipe then Mom?" You wipe your vagina. "Ewwwww....that's gross. So what is the pee hole called?"

"Ummm...a pee hole?" Clearly biology and physical anatomy wasn't my forte in school. I asked if he inquired this of the teacher, which he did not.

So I posted for assistance on what others would call a "pee hole" or reference to a 7th grader on Facebook. What do you call a "pee hole"? According to the Sex Dictionary, "The pee hole (urethral opening) of girls can be found between the clitoris and vaginal opening."

But how fun is that??? What would YOU call a "pee hole"?

No comments: