Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Weight Loss & Pants

I can't say that I have constantly struggled with weight loss, but clearly I would like to lose some additional weight - who wouldn't, right? Many years ago I made a personal goal that if I met my weight loss goal I would treat myself to a vacation to Aruba. I was never motivated enough to do so.

Whether I try or not, I can't seem to get but five pounds from my goal weight. Maybe I'm my own personal road block, that I can't part with the time or money to actually go to Aruba. Maybe I should change my reward! I'm again within five pounds, having gotten on the scale this morning and losing a few more pounds since before Thanksgiving. I still attribute a lot of the weight fluctuation with my inability to work out from the procedure two weeks ago. I'm sure it will all change, soon.

Just over a month ago, my mom and I went shopping. I purchased a lot of clothes that finally fit me. This morning, I grabbed a pair of dress pants from my closet and attempted to put them on. They seemed very tight and very short. I looked at whether or not I had the zipper all the way down as I grabbed leverage to pull them up to my waist. The thought of zipping the zipper was a completely different story!

I looked down and I could see my ankles. In a moment of shock and horror I wondered what in the world had happened. It's been years since I've had a dryer issue where I've shrunk my clothes. I really didn't think the scale had lied just minutes earlier! What in the world?

I pulled the pants off and looked at the tag. I was still in disbelief. I had no idea what pants I had tried on, but they weren't my new ones!

In looking at the tag, a light bulb finally went off! I had attempted to wear my twelve year old son's dress pants! Sigh, life really is good!

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Haha!