Monday, December 7, 2009

Warren Miller Movie Night

Saturday night was Warren Miller Movie Night! The kickoff to a great ski season, here in Michigan. Also the first weekend of snow in Southwest Michigan.

I was pretty excited to be going to the movie, mainly for the "freebies" and the "swag" of ski discounts and whathaveyou. I called good friends of mine late in the week and learned that they already had their tickets to the earlier show. They were interested in meeting us for dinner when their show ended. There were seven of us for dinner and six of us for the movie, as we lost the two from dinner and gained one solely for the movie and the dessert/drinks after.

Pre-purchasing tickets were only $12.00. Can I say well worth it! I can even say that without all the free stuff! The company in and of itself was fun and we had a great time. The peanut throwing and conversation afterward over drinks and desserts was a blast as well!

Here's what I (and T) managed to collect of ski deals along with the free t-shirt that was catapulted right next to me that landed on the floor within my reach. Unfortunately none of us one any of the fabulous prizes of trips and getaways, but that's OK. We can't all be winners!

Caberfae Peaks $9 Lift Tickets (5) Sunday - Friday
(Bill & Paul's in Grand Rapids has historically had coupons too for $9 Sundays)

Bittersweet Ski Resort Free Pass (2) Monday - Thursday

Timber Ridge Free Lift Ticket (2) Monday - Thursday

Shanty Creek Resorts (2) $6 Superticket Monday - Friday (or 2 for 1 Saturday - Sunday)

Boyne Mountain or Boyne Highlands 2 for 1

Haven't checked out my other free "swag" and deals with our online codes. I think I have enough discount ski deals to last me through the season and to burn a couple sick, I mean vacation days!

I also purchased a Seasons Pass to Colorado last week to the Arapahoe Basin A which provides me with five days of skiing at Keystone/Breckenridge. I picked up a few entertainment and coupon books that might offer any other discount ski options for January as well. I received my email confirmation for my flight today too!

It's officially...TIME TO SKI!

No comments: