Saturday, December 12, 2009

Night on the Town

Last night we went out and hit the town. There were eight of us that met up for dinner and then the six singles went on to a night of bowling, while the one lonely couple went home, it was afterall their bedtime at 10:00p.m.!

Two others joined us for bowling, so there were eight of us at the alley, seven of us bowling. We had a great time and a lot of laughs were had by all. JN and her single friend JL were there, but came a little later to the alley from dinner. I was hoping they would get there soon as I enjoy hanging out with the guys more than I should probably admit, but the testosterone levels of four guys to little 'ole me was pretty high!

JL and I had met a few other times in the past and she rubbed me wrong the first time I met her. I'm sure she is a lot of fun, we are just entirely two different people. She's all about action and well, I'm so not. So JL was reveling in all of the available men and wondered what the story was. I suppose she and I not knowing each other it looked rather strange, especially given the first time we met earlier this summer she asked, "What type of guys are you interested in?" and I responded with "None." She then asked if I was a lesbian which I said no. I had just gotten out of a relationship and I wasn't interested in dating, picking up or shacking up with anyone that evening or anytime soon. So her impression last night probably only added fuel to the fire. Who knows.

It did make me laugh when she said, "Can I ask you a question?" "Are there any of these guys that aren't in love with you?" I informed her that none of them were in love with me. She only raised her one eyebrow and smirked at me. She then asked which guy I was dating. Which my answer was again, "none". Isn't it OK to have male friends and that they are just friends? Apparently not to her, nor did she seem to believe my answers as her next comment was, "So can I have your leftovers?" Seriously, she DID NOT just say that! All you girlfriend, no leftovers and as a matter of fact, all of these men are good fine men and regardless of their consumption of alcohol...you left the alley alone, being laughed at and without a single phone number.

Honestly, it was sad. If she could change her perception of men and appreciate them for who they are and not just a piece of ass, she might actually do better. But the reality she's getting more ass than I am, by choice, and we are both happy with who we are!

We also had an entertaining conversation during the night as I brought up Cindy Crawford's recent interview about how she would rather be a MILF than a Cougar. JL wanted to know the difference, thinking that they could be one in the same. Further stating that I was both, even though she said that she wasn't a lesbian she could see even herself falling in love with me. Sigh, seriously. PM then thought about the concept of the two for a few minutes and said, "I can see you one week as a MILF and the next as a Cougar. Bouncing back and forth between the two."

Interesting. It's always amusing and often times entertaining to see how others view yourself, whether you agree with their perception or not. Clearly, if these people feel that I possess the skills or power as they see it, I definitely don't use that power. Although there were a group of young early twenties guys bowling that I went and chatted with about picking music off the juke box. I found them staring at me through the night, but the real reason? I'm sure they were laughing at this "old lady"! It's all good, I was too!

No comments: