Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Almost Four Months...

I don't know the exact number of days. I clearly don't know the exact number of hours. I know it was roughly four months. I know it was not nearly long enough. But sometimes it's about savoring the opportunity and the time and the memories. Fortunately for me, I know that there will be more, just different as circumstances change, and life happens and as long as life happens and not death, there is always time. Time for more. Time for new.

I sit here thinking about JA. About the first time we met on that fall day. How she approached me and asked if she could join me in my walk. I always get confused as to how long we've known each other. How many falls ago was that? For it always seems longer, as if she is possibly a kindred spirit, or maybe just because we became such good friends through our frequent contact and growing friendship.

I had the opportunity of working with JA, in the same office that is, for almost four months. For almost four months, I saw her almost daily, when time had often found us short and visits were becoming few and far between. I looked forward to seeing her. To see her smile. To hear her tales. To share in her frustration. None of that has changed, except the frequency and availability of physically seeing her.

I miss her. I think of her often. I do hope she knows how much I care about her. About her family. I sit here looking at the family Christmas card, a picture that I took and as always, I think of only good thoughts as I have none other for JA.

We can't predict how, when or why people enter our lives. We can only appreciate the opportunity. I am truly blessed to have her friendship and I hope it continues for a lifetime!

No comments: