Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Holidays...

It isn't that I'm not fond of the holidays, with the exception of Hallmark holidays that is. For the most part, as a single parent for the past twelve years, the actual date of a specific holiday is completely irrelevant. It's about spending time with family and enjoying them when you can, if you can.

Most often, I'm thankful for a lot of things. Much too many to even begin to list them all here. I didn't have a formal Thanksgiving dinner with my family this year, but saw them all the weekend before, allbeit briefly. They were not far from my thoughts, prayers and well wishes.

Christmas holidays are usually the worst for the bouncing back and forth visitation. Typically we celebrate Christmas in the month of December, but not always on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Logistics people, logistics.

Seeing that it is now officially December, and early December at that, I have already finalized Christmas plans. My parents agreed to come in to visit us, which justifies that we should really decorate the house for Christmas. But for the first time that I can recall in a long time, if ever, I'm going to be out of town for the holidays. I purchased my plane ticket this morning and it's a done deal.

I'm looking forward to new experiences and adventures! And I wish you and yours a fabulous holiday season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are you headed?