Tuesday, December 1, 2009

True Love: The Boyfriend

Dating doesn't really seem to be my thing. Well let me clarify, a date with someone, once, is my thing. Seeing someone multiple times or getting into a relationship, not my thing. Never seems to fail, no matter how many I weed out due to blatantly obvious issues, there are always more hidden underneath someone that may seem normal and pretty issue free.

Clearly, I understand that I have issues. Hence the title of my blog, Independent Issues, lots of issues, independent of each other. Sometimes my own, sometimes my issues with things or others. Nonetheless, issues. I'm really willing to acknowledge my own shortcomings and I utilize life to the fullest on the learning curve and openly try to embrace change.

I suppose if you put together the masses of single people, everyone has their issues. It's just determining which issues are livable and forgivable with your own. And that has to be the hardest feat in and of itself.

For me, honesty, respect and communication are key. I think if you have truthful communication, almost anything can be overcome and achieved. I may be wrong, I suppose I have yet to find out.

Some say that when you least expect it and when you aren't looking, you will find true love. I haven't really been looking for a long time, but tonight was different. I think I've found my True Match, True Love.

"He always listens. He is never late. He smells good. He is always there for you. He doesn't watch too much TV."

Granted, I'm not sure about the communication aspect, but I suppose if he's a listener he can't be deceitful and dishonest. He won't blatantly look me in the eyes and tell me things that he really doesn't feel or felt for a fleeting minute. Somethings are worth compromising.

So tonight, while I wasn't looking for my True Love: The Ultimate Boyfriend...there he was. Hidden. Silent. Waiting. Longing with open arms...and while I'm not interested in jinxing my relationship by taking a picture with him...I'm willing to share him with YOU, Internet!

Can it get any better than that? He even "Grows 600% in 72 hours!"

Marital bliss...without the marriage...when I least expected! Love at last!

No comments: