Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Love quote

I heard a quote in a movie the other day that had me thinking..."Thank you for loving me."

I found it extremely touching. Moving. Thought provoking. Maybe I was in one of those moods.

I began to reminisce about times one might share with another their love. Times that may seem premature but the moment was right. That at that very moment, all you truly felt was love. But does that mean that you actually love the person? Do we often put too much weight into when someone says "I love you" or when we hear it?

Have you ever said it to someone because you felt feelings of love, but may not have been "in love" with them? That your feelings and emotions were growing and you shared something later only to question whether it was legitimate. Or maybe because of the other persons response you questioned whether you should have shared. Do some people put too much credence into the fact that you may love them that it means something more permanent or forever?

I know when I looked into his eyes and I thought about the answer to his question, that what I felt, that what I knew at that very moment, was that I loved him. Without holding back, without protecting myself or wondering what the repercussions of what I may have said, I didn't hold back and I told him I loved him. And from that moment on, nothing ever was the same. There was no turning back. There was no changing how I felt at that moment and what I said. And I wouldn't change it, since it was precisely what I felt. However, nothing would ever be the same again. How is it that a single word or a single action in the moment can change everything?

It changed things for him, for me, for us. Maybe it's fear that dominates, that holds one back from truly living, experiencing, hearing, being...maybe it's ultimately something else that only you know the answer. I suppose there will always be answers that I will never know.

No comments: