Wednesday, December 9, 2009

No School Day - Where was the snow?

School was canceled today! And the roads...were fine.

I think it was a preemptive measure to predict that the weather was going to be bad.

Additionally, the "blizzard" is coming. It has been looming since 1p.m. and yet not bothered to arrive. Don't get me wrong, I'm clearly not complaining. Had the weather been bad, I couldn't have flown through my Christmas shopping, hitting five places in less than an hour across town!

I only wonder what the evening and tomorrow will bring. I wonder if it was just the first opportunity for schools to use one of their many reserve "snow days".

On a serious note though, I do hope that the weather holds off. My aunt is scheduled to have open heart surgery tomorrow. Many family members are traveling across the country and I hope and pray that everything goes well, with my aunt and all of the travelers. My thoughts and prayers, always.

No comments: