Monday, September 29, 2008

Pig Roast, McCain & Palin

Saturday afternoon my parents were invited to a pig roast at a nearby neighbors house. They had met the neighbors in their downtown area during the week and were invited to the party. My parents had old cars in common with the neighbors and they were invited to drive their car down for the festivities.



Arriving in town for the Detroit Tigers game, we were also invited to come down. Mind you, I had no idea what the occasion was. I thought maybe it was a party to support McCain and Palin as there were signs everywhere. I even took pictures of McCain and Palin with my parents. I never realized how photogenic Palin is - she didn't blink once!







The party included the pig roast in addition to live pigs in the mud. I felt a little sorry for the pigs that found themselves missing their longtime friend...

















In addition to the pig roast there were a couple of the balloon bounces, face painting and a cotton candy machine! There was horseback riding and hot air balloon rides. There was even a beer trailer. Entertainment included a live band, a magician and a drill team presentation. I was clearly amazed that so much was being provided for a "just because" party or possibly a "work party"!

No comments: