Sunday, September 7, 2008

Paw Paw Wine & Harvest Festival

This weekend I had the opportunity to check out the Paw Paw Wine and Harvest Festival. We attended the festivities on both Friday and Saturday night. Friday night we had the fortunate opportunity to see the firework show. Other than the finale, it was firework. I have never seen a firework show be as long and drawn out! There was a single firework shot into the air and dissipated before another firework was set off!

Saturday JN joined Mr. Date and I. We did a lot of taste testing of wines and the Peach and Honey was my favorite - although there were several that were very good including some light reds. After taste testing we headed to dinner when I had the unfortunate experience of my shoe breaking! Not only did it break at the straps, the entire shoe fell apart that I couldn't even wear it! Paw Paw is a pretty small town, so finding a shoe store wasn't an option. We ended up finding a multi-family sale in a building on Main Street and I was rescued by a .25 pair of slippers/shoes. JN said she wouldn't be caught in someone else's shoes, but seeing that I really had no other option - I had to have something on my feet to get into the restaurant and beer tent!





The beer tent was fun and we found ourselves easily amused with people watching. Not that I'm sure people weren't watching us as well, but sometimes there's just somethings that make you go, hmmm.....




No comments: