Saturday, September 27, 2008

House - Loving It

Last night, I pulled up to my house and I'm SPEECHLESS! (It doesn't happen very often, seriously.)



I LOVE MY HOUSE! Mind you, it isn't finished. But E has spent some serious time working on the house, all day. (It helped the progress on my house that he turned his ignition key the wrong way when listening to his radio and found his battery dead in the middle of my driveway! But I'm not complaining - it looks awesome!)



There is something about a vision coming to matriculation. Of actually imagining something and seeing it, the way that you anticipated and sometimes even better. My house has character. My house isn't done, but 3/4th's of the house has two coats of the "weekend getaway" green. Still need another coat on the driveway side and to paint the garage, but it's coming together nicely. Then on to painting the columns, gutters and base with fresh coats of the existing color.



It's so cool to see change. Especially when change is welcoming. We are heading out of town for the rest of the weekend and while I haven't even left yet, I'm looking forward to coming home to see the progress!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawsom
LOVE your charming house.
Always have.
I want one just like it

Anonymous said...

The house looks great! When I looked at the pic. with the columns painted green.....I didn't really like it, looked like an 70's era cottage.