Monday, September 8, 2008

Blog Interest & Followers

What draws an interest to read a blog? What brings you to my blog? Is there a specific interest or a special search?

I was first introduced to blogspot and blogging from a longtime school friend that had been blogging for years. It was months of reading her blog before I decided to write my own.

There are a few random blogs that I will occasionally go back and look at in addition to several friends that blog. I came across random blogs usually from a recommendation by “blogs of note” and then links on those blogs. Most of the blogs I read only post a few times a month, at best. My girlfriend typically blogs regularly except when life takes hold and she misses a few days. I usually check back frequently to see when she has posted next.

Most often, readers won’t make comments on blogs. Some readers are random and will come back, others are friends and family. The random readers usually dissipate quickly finding boredom in the blog after it met a specific need or interest. Others are brought to my blog by Google searches for specific criteria looking for the perfect resource or answer.

It seems that since I’ve been posting about my recent vacation, I seem to have attracted one specific, very intense follower. I have an idea of who the follower may be; however, I’m not positive. Clearly with as many times as this person has returned to my blog, despite my hiatus’ for a few days, it would appear that they are seeking something specific or have some ulterior motive. Even I don’t find myself that entertaining! So, if this person would kindly enlighten me as to your interest in my blog and your need to check it more than a handful of times a day when no new postings have been made, I’d appreciate it.

Otherwise, happy reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your Post - ings Especially your adventures and your posts of posts