Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dating - "How do you know?"

How do you know? How do you know in relation to dating (or anything else for that matter) that the person you are interested in might be the one? Or how about even the one to date again?

This is a never ending question for me. I seem to ponder it (a lot!) and often ask anyone willing to discuss the topic how they know. I've asked Mr. Date. I'm sure that it's different for everyone and much easier to answer for those less OCD, analytical, hypochondriac, psychotic (err I mean psychic) sorts like myself. See, again I have no answers. The one day at a time thing has absolutely no influence as to actually achieving an answer. Then of course there is the dating with kids. (Yep, I've said it before, how do you know when is the right time to involve kids?)

I received an email from the Ex-BF recently that out of the blue said that he met someone and she has qualities that he's looking for but doesn't know if he has qualities that she's looking for. WHAT??? Of course I jumped all over that one and we resumed the conversation by phone. How can you not know what she's looking for and what qualities does she have that you are looking for? (Mind you, I don't want to get back with Ex-BF call it curiosity or "research" whathaveyou, but my inquiring mind wanted to know.)

To my surprise (and close to the fact that she breathes) he said that he gets excited when she calls. Yep, there you have it...a quality that is highly sought after and not always attainable. Ex-BF further goes on to say that they have now met, twice...in six weeks. Hold on, SIX WEEKS?

Okay, clearly I'm no rocket scientist or genius, especially when it comes to dating, but I'm going to say that two dates in six weeks...She's just not into you.

Even better, when she out of the blue resumed calling him (likely sans the last guy she was dating) she invites him over to hangout and meet her three kids before their bedtime so they can watch a movie.

I have met two of Mr. Date's kids, after two months. He has met my son now three times. Maybe I'm overly cautious. Maybe I'm looking for all the answers without living the questions.

At any rate, based on comparison...To answer the question, "How do you know?" I will never know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the green looks very cool and inviting. I like it.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just have to go for it. That is if there are not to many RED FLAGS.