Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

I would be the first to admit that I'm clearly not romantic. I would also say I am not high maintenance. However, depending on whom I'm being compared to, I am probably a bit of both.

Valentine's Day, like Sweetest Day, is another Hallmark holiday for me. I don't get worked up about it. I tend to not celebrate it, whether I'm dating someone or not. I often don't do anything for my son in the spirit of either holiday.

For some reason, this year, I decided to decorate brownie bites, with pink strawberry frosting and milk chocolate frosting and then top them with Hershey's hugs and kisses. I then put them in a Valentine's box for JC and a separate smaller box for my son. I also picked up a too cute dog stuffed animal for my son. Not really knowing exactly where JC and I stand in our relationship, I figured the brownies were cute and harmless and went with a pretty basis generic card.


JC saw his gifts and then went to his car to give me mine. Clearly handing them to me haphazardly as he was racing against time to get home for work. He hadn't signed the card, but still gave it to me anyway promising to sign it later. Along with the most perfect Hallmark "Between You and Me" card was a box of chocolates.

A box of Hershey's Hugs and Kisses chocolates...(and who said he and I didn't have anything in common?)

No comments: