Friday, February 20, 2009

Snow, Skiing and BASEBALL?

Lake effect snow is forecasting 4-8" in the next 24 hours. On the one hand this would be fabulous if in fact I: a) was planning on going skiing, b) wasn't traveling across state for the theatre and hanging out with friends, and c) actually managed to get gas for one or both of my snow blowers.

On the positive side, JN and I will be driving across state together and she has graciously offered to drive. Of course I'll bring my trusty sidekick Susie along for the ride! I did pick up my brand new skis yesterday so I'm more than eager to get out on the slopes, but figure the first opportunity I will have is the following weekend. (Good things happen to those who wait, right? I'm praying now that means no more ski injuries!) I'm hoping to at least ski every Sunday if not more.

Last night my son's dad called him to inquire about the upcoming baseball season. Seriously, basketball isn't even over yet! He then told our son that practices begin a week from Sunday. Isn't it still February? I know that baseball is all encompassing and I should bring myself back to the right frame of mind by reading my baseball blogs, but I'm not ready for it. And, since I'm the proud new owner of new skis, every other Sunday as long as there is snow, T will be skiing! (I sure hope he doesn't get hurt - I would NEVER hear the end of it!)

No comments: