Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Accomplishments

Still feeling somewhat low this morning, I decided I needed to get out of my "funk" and get motivated. I managed to schedule a hair cut appointment (every girl feels more like a woman after a good haircut and color, right?), schedule an appointment for my two front tires to be replaced and make travel arrangements.

This weekend I am planning on taking T skiing up north. I booked the same hotel in Cadillac and figured we could hangout at the pool and rent movies the night before and enjoy skiing for $9 lift tickets the following day. I had asked JC if he wanted to go skiing, but as his job is based on the weather, he wasn't sure if he would be able to. Regardless, I decided today, I need to just do things for me and everything else may or may not fall into place.

I still have the free airfare voucher from my "bump" last April on the way home from London. I had to book the ticket by April 13, 2009, but was leary of anything too far out that my schedule may change. Today, I called to see about going to the Key West and learned that United doesn't fly to Key West. I did book a ticket to San Francisco. Done deal.

JN is planning on going also and has yet to book her flight. She has an aunt in the area and may go out longer than my Wednesday-Sunday jaunt. I still have to figure out hotel arrangements, but figure that is the least of my concerns. I'm really looking forward to getting away for a few days next month and maybe even getting some sun!

Then to top off the accomplishments was the email to my step mom. It feels great to actually set out to do things and get them accomplished! Now if only the scale recognized my hard work!

No comments: