Friday, February 27, 2009

Delerium & Idiocracy

I will be the last to admit that I'm a genius or know anything about politics. I did however, watch some of the presidential debates and followed the election process. Therefore, I did know who was running in the campaign race for presidency.

Whether I had a complete "brain fart" moment (evening) last night or I was beyond tired and was actually trying to carry on a conversation while I was asleep, I'm not really sure.

I was retelling a story to JC about the election and my sometimes need to play devil's advocate. I completely drew a blank when trying to name the President. Seriously.

Me: I was like, "You know the guy that's our President, What's his name?" (Of course this came after me trying for LONG moments in my mind to figure it out on my own.)

JC: "Obama."

Me: "Yeah, Obama."

What was even worse than that, for about five more minutes I rambled on about his opponent, Dick Cheney. Ummm...yeah.

It wasn't until about an hour later when I woke up that I realized what an idiot I was that it was McCain. Sigh. So either JC was too polite to correct me, was also asleep or he doesn't follow politics either. When I woke up I acknowledged what I had done by saying I was wrong and he said, "What???" Oh, never mind.

No comments: