Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ski Weekend

This past weekend, with temperatures ranging from the 30's-40's, I spent three days, downhill skiing. While I was more than concerned that the warmer weather would lead to less than fabulous skiing conditions, I was more than pleasantly surprised!

This was also the first getaway weekend with the guy that I have been dating. So true to test, the several hour drive, overnight stays and skiing would prove whether or not we could withstand each other to consider even going out on another date, let alone another trip! For the first time, ever, I have no complaints! None.

I can't even come up with a measly issue of tooth paste left in the sink, the toilet seat cover up, chewing with his mouth open, listening to lame country music, nothing. Not a single one.

The trip started with packing at his house and then heading to my son's basketball game. We then headed to my house so that I could pack up the food, snacks and my gear. We headed back by his place to grab his stuff and take care of his dogs one last time. Then we were on the road. We made great time and got to the hotel without any issues.

If anything, my good friend Susie and he may have a few disagreements, but afterall Susie IS my GPS, so I'm OK with that.

The hotel was great and TS arrived shortly thereafter. The three of us headed to Caberfae for an hour or two of night skiing. We ended up skiing for three hours the conditions were so great! Then we went back to the hotel where we met up with JN. We camped out in their room playing catch phrase and WOW while he and I shared several bottles of 3/$10 wine, how can you go wrong with that? Well, other than my nasty headache the following day, we couldn't!

Sunday the four of us checked out of the hotel and headed to Caberfae for some $9 lift tickets! Ours were included in our Sunday slopeside stay, but the others got the discount! The conditions weren't as good as it was much more crowded, but still lots of fun. TS with her "No Guts No Glory" attitude hit the slopes hard, but had rented poles so that she could manage getting her skis on mid-hill much better than Saturday! Loads of fun and lots of laugh. We stopped skiing around 6p.m. and TS and JN headed out of town.

Monday the slopes were again fabulous as they had been groomed. The slopes were barren, with no lift line waits and very few on the slopes. We were able to get in several great hours of skiing before we headed back home.

A fabulous getaway weekend and hopefully the first of many!

(On a side note, I would think with over 12 hours of downhill skiing in three days and at least four workout DVD's throughout the week I wouldn't have gained weight - but obviously what do I know?)

No comments: